SB-xxx dial repair

Mark Johnson/Ontario/IBM mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Thu Nov 29 15:41:22 EST 2001

Anyone who is a Model Railroader (or other such hobby) is aware of glue
that is very very "watery" and actually penetrates cracks and does a fairly
good job of holding. I have used this kind of glue on Heath knobs that are
cracked around the screw hole. I just tighten the screw (on the knob) to
the shaft  until the crack just splits open, apply the glue, back off on
the screw (closing the crack) and let the glue set. Never comes apart
again. You may want to try this glue on the cracked SB dial.

I buy this glue at hobby shops that cater to Model Railroaders.......

Mark V. Johnson
VE3DJU/VE3DDI
905-316-1748
---------------------- Forwarded by Mark Johnson/Ontario/IBM on 11/29/2001

Kees & Sandy <talen at INETPORT.COM>@LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV> on 11/29/2001
11:47:02 AM

Please respond to Kees & Sandy <talen at INETPORT.COM>

Sent by:  Heathkit Owners and Collectors List <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>