Interesting item on eBay web site item#1282189371: Heathkit ID-5001 Advanced Weather Computer

tbajuk at HOME.COM tbajuk at HOME.COM
Sun Oct 7 10:53:31 EDT 2001

I saw this item for sale at eBay

Title of item:  Heathkit ID-5001 Advanced Weather Computer
Seller: nmsell
Starts: Oct-05-01 10:46:33 PDT
Ends:   Oct-15-01 10:46:33 PDT
Price:  Currently $158.25
To bid on the item, go to:      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1282189371

Item Description:
        Heathkit Advanced Weather Computer (ID-5001)
This is Heath's last and finest weather computer.  This baby works.  I purchased this at a tailgate intending
 to finish the anemometer portion but never got around
 to it.  It comes with the humidity sensor and
 temperature probe.  Valuable also, included is the Advanced Weather Computer Technical Manual and illustrations (Model IDA-5001-4), and the Operation Manual (Model ID-5001) with illustration booklet and schematics.

It does not include the Anemometer Hardware,
BUT a previous owner intended to build his own hardware
for the anemometer and the package does include the PC boards (4 ea)  and the encoder discs (2 ea) for the anemometer as well as some diodes already mounted
on the boards. This is a chance to build your own if so inclined. There is a DB25 connector on the back of the computer but I don't know how to hook up and activate the port. A picture of the front is shown below.

Buyer to pay shipping/packing charge of $25.00.
US Buyer/Shipping Only.  Payment by money order or Bank
Cashiers check only to be received within 10 days of sale. I will ship after receiving payment.
Reserve has been lowered drastically on this item.

See a photo of the back side at http://members-http-1.rwc1.sfba.home.net/tbajuk/photos/ID5001b.JPG

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at http://www.ebay.com