DX-20 / Valiant / Ranger Crystal Doors

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 11 16:11:10 EDT 2001

I have found a possible source of the hole plugs for
making the crystal door plugs for both the Heath DX-20
and the various Johnson transmitters.  The Heath are
larger than the Johnson.

However, there is a fairly large minimum order for
each type of hole plug.  Before I commit to purchasing
the quantity I need to get some idea as to how many
people are interested in actually acquiring them.

If I make them, they will be supplied less the plastic
knob.  The DX-20 uses the same large gray knob that
are used on the DX-20, DX-35, DX-40, DX-100, DX-100B,
VF-1, etc.  The Johnson units use the same "small"
knob as on the rest of the transmitters.

They will have the mounting "stud" for the knob
attached and be of the correct color (plain aluminum
for the DX-20 and the Johnson maroon for the others).
Probable cost is going to be about $15 post paid
CONUS, hopefully a bit less.  However, $15 would be
the maximum.  To Canada would probably be $17 US
maximum, hopefully less.  It will depend on how many
orders that I get.  The more orders, the less the
cost.

If you are interested, please let me know if so, and
how many (most will only want one).  I'll keep a list
and if I do make them will let you know.

The "stud" for the knobs of both types will most
probably be held on by a machine screw and not by the
"rivet" type of the Johnson.

Also, I still have some of the DX-35 / DX-40 crystal
door covers availble for $11.50 post paid CONUS except
for Texas, $13.50 postpaid Canada, and $12.33 if you
just happen to live in Texas (sales tax, you know)!

Glen, K9STH

http://personals.yahoo.com