GB> DX-20 and Johnson Crystal Hole Plug Covers

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 17 10:40:42 EDT 2001

Actually, I had a very hard time finding the 2 inch
diameter metal hole plugs since the local home
improvement centers in this area, like Lowes and Home
Depot, didn't have them (plastic are available) and
was asked by a number of amateurs to find a source and
make the hole plugs.  The largest hole plugs that were
readily available were 1 inch in diameter.

You have to decide how to attach the knob.  If you
just want to put on a knob and don't care how you do
it, all you have to do is to put a 1/4 inch bolt
through the center of the plug.  If you want to attach
a shaft, then it takes a little more.

Also, many of the DX-20 hole plugs were not painted.
But, some were and that takes a crackle finish.

But, I am definitely a fan of do-it-yourself if at all
possible.

Glen, K9STH

http://personals.yahoo.com