SB-303 alignment tips needed! SOLVED

Dave Ellison deellison at USWEST.NET
Thu Oct 18 00:05:54 EDT 2001

> > I just acquired an SB-303 that is wildly out of alignment.
> > It takes almost one VOLT of signal straight in to the antenna
> > jack to hit anything above S5 on the meter!

[snip]

Thanks to all who responded.  After JUST purchasing a manual
for the SB-303 from a local in Seattle (for a higher price than
I really think it oughta be - $45!!!) and settling in to tackle
the alignment procedure outlined in the book, I started getting
emails from folks suggesting I check the LMO terminator
and make sure the 50-ohm resistor isn't open or has a cold
solder joint.

AHA!!!!!!!  WHAT 50-ohm terminator?

Off to Rat Shack for a metal RCA plug and a 50-ohm resistor
(both of which I have lots of SOMEWHERE) and tadaaaaa....

Back in business.  Works great now.  Moral of the story?  Don't
run out and buy a $45 dollar manual until all the emails come in!

Thanks to everyone,

Dave WB7AWK
www.Boatanchors.com