Looking for a 5" O-scope CRT

Gary Morrell gary.morrell2 at GTE.NET
Thu Oct 25 20:52:49 EDT 2001

Greetings,

have been lurking for awhile. You all seem to be a very helpful bunch. My
first job was as an electrical engineer at LECO Corporation in St. Joseph
Michigan, just a few blocks up Hilltop Road from the old Heath store and
factory. I remember the place well.

I'm looking for a 5" round CRT to get a Heath O-1 scope running again. Its
mostly for sentimental value, I'm not a ham, but I'm keeping a bench full of
old Heath test equipment running that was my father's.

The O-1 scope needs a CRT of one of the following numbers:
5BP1
5BP4
5GP1
Dumont 5BP1-A (brighter, better focus characteristics)

I've tried www.thetubestore.com, http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/index.html,
and several others to no avail. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Anybody have one of these CRT's for sale?

Gary Morrell
Colorado Springs, CO