antenna problem update

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Fri Oct 26 18:45:43 EDT 2001

thanks for all the input from everyone.  I think I'm on the right track
from
most of your comments...  sounds like either the finals, or the antenna
from
everyone's comments.  By the way... its actually a transceiver.  ts-520.

It is a pi-network tank circuit.   The antenna here is a windom...  40
feet
on one side, 90 on the other, fed with 50 feet of 300 ohm TV twinlead.
The
transmitter goes into a Heath B-1 balun first.
Screwy tuning might be caused by losing one leg because of a broken
connection up top... or even both legs.  Especially if I am just feeding

the twinlead without any legs on top.
Just trying to eliminate what I can in the shack before taking the
antenna down.... it's 40 feet up in the air.
I'll let you all know how its going...
Ray...  wa7itz