HEATHKIT

Chuck Penson wa7zze at JUNO.COM
Tue Oct 30 10:16:35 EST 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:13:26 -0500 john van laar <van at STARBAND.NET>
writes:

>heathkits.I blame zenith for the demise of heath. When schlumberger =
>bought daystrom heath came along with the deal and they let heath do =
>it's own thing.Zenith  did not know anything about heath customers. =
>Anyone agree or disagree with me on this? I would like to hear from =
>somone that was there at the end

John.

The whys and where fores of Heath's demise is a subject that comes up on
this list with some regularity, so I won't restate all the details.
Suffice it to say that Heath's demise was the result of a complex set of
technological, economic, business, and social changes, most of which
began to show themselves in the late 60s, but which actually started much
earlier.

That Heath would go out of business at some point in the late 20th
century was, in my opinion, a fore drawn conclusion. The Zenith buyout
served only to hasten the inevitable.

Chuck / WA7ZZE