Dynamic Ram

Harvey A. Kader optom at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Tue Sep 11 02:16:01 EDT 2001

Neil Morrison wrote:

> Off Topic - I am looking for some weird dynamic ram chips. They are Hitachi
> in a staggered 28 pin pattern, not quite DIP or SIP. Part is HM514800AZ8
> 4MBit (512K * 8 bits). I know these were current a few years ago, but they
> seem to be hard to find (or expensive) now.
>
> Neil Morrison

Neil, I believe I have these chips in my Patriot computer(1994 vintage).  They
were hard to find in the  mid 1990's. They have EIGHT OR NINE chips on a board.
The usual configuration was FOUR OR FIVE chips on a board. I tried the latter
first, and they did NOT work even though they had the same memory amount as the
former. Windows 3.11 would freeze when using the latter. So memory chips have
more to them than simply memory amounts. The chip configuration is VERY
IMPORTANT to the application. BTW, the higher chip count for each configuration
refers to a PARITY arrangement. What I am describing  here is an older
technology, most likely no longer manufactured. BUT, you may be able to find
NOS(new old stock). Keep on trying ebay. They may turn up. Harvey.