Terrorism Comes To North America!

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Sep 12 12:19:56 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Harvey A. Kader <optom at ATTGLOBAL.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 2:50 AM
Subject: Terrorism Comes To North America!

> Jack, I agree with you. It is unfortunate that there may be some fallout
against
> Islamic people in the USA and elsewhere outside of Islamic countries as a
result
> of this terrorism. Already, the media reports some Islamic/Muslim web
sites
> shutting down because of hate email to them. And in California,the media
reports
> that death threats are being received via telephone at Islamic and Muslim
> groups.
>
> Similar treatment happened to Germans living in the USA and other
countries
> other than Germany after the holocaust. Remember the TV show "Hogans
Heroes"
> where the Germans were made fun of. If one is German, one lives with your
> ancestors legacy and actions. Some people will still not purchase anything
> manufactured in Germany, even 60 years after the Holocaust, because of
what the
> Germans did to the Jewish people.

During W.W. II, there was a nice German family, farmers, who lived down the
road from us.  They had come to the U.S. long before the war, and wanted
nothing more than a place to live in peace.  They got little during the war;
they were always getting death threats, etc.

It's unfortunate but true that innocent people on both sides are treated
with injustice during times like these.

> This is normal, and
> UNAVIODABLE since SURVIVAL is at stake here. That is why I said during
> peacetime, political correctness is the norm, but in times of WAR and
TERRORISM,
> political correctness goes out the window!
>
> We have been too tolerant for too long. NICE GUYS FINISH LAST! Todays
example in
> New York and Washington proves this. Time for toughness! Harvey.

I am not disagreeing with you.  My message was definitely _NOT_ to urge
people to continue practicing Political Correctness -- a madness which I
consider to be among the worst ills this country has ever suffered. I was
simply trying to warn people to get ready; that during a time of war, which
this definitely is, people naturally err on the side of caution.  War is
hell, and good people suffer.

Jack