The Day's Events...

Eddy Swynar gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Wed Sep 12 16:36:53 EDT 2001

 Hi Jack...

 I do NOT condone ANY acts of terrorism, believe me! But I often wonder if
people might be driven to such acts out of sheer desperation...

Can you imagine what rage a Palestine mother must feel as she witnesses her
sticks & stones wielding son being shot dead at the hands of a soldier
baring an automatic rifle? Exactly the same rage, I'm sure, as millions of
Americans felt watching their TVs last night...

 This madness, you say, has gone on for the past 40-50 years---roughly the
same length of time that Palestine ceased to be a nation state. Would YOU
not feel that same rage if suddenly YOUR country was simply legislated out
of existance? How long would you struggle, what sacrifices would YOU make to
see a perceived wrong righted again? Would you not wonder at the injustice
of it all if the rest of the world sat back and did nothing to help your
efforts?

 A fellow being interviewed on Canadian radio to-day, I think, said it best:
perhaps it is time now for America to look inward, and ask itself why so
many in the world to-day hate it so. Nations need more than mere rhetoric to
convince the world  that God is always on their side.

 After all, the Arabs have a God too, you know...

 ~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.asp?list=HEATH