Terrorism Comes To North America!

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Sep 13 14:10:11 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Harvey A. Kader <optom at ATTGLOBAL.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:09 AM
Subject: Terrorism Comes To North America!

> CNN reports that Palestinian terrorist Osama bin Laden probably
> recruited Muslims already living in the USA to do the terrorism. Some of
>
> these Muslims, CNN reports, were educated, and were commercial
> pilots(flew the hijacked planes). Like I said, looks like it was an
> inside job, and a job from within. This CNN report supports my theory.
> Apparently, Osama bib Laden has long hated the USA. The people in his
> group are Muslim fanatics and are dangerous, as we have just seen. They
> are capable of anything. Harvey.

Latest reports have students from UAE studying at Embry-Riddle school of
aeronautics, in Daytona Beach, FL.

FWIW, in 1976-7 I taught at Alabama A & M University in Huntsville, AL.
It's a mostly black college, and subsists mostly on funds from the United
Negro College Fund.  Sometimes it seemed that they almost went out and
dragged students in off the streets, just to get the scholarship money.
However, there were also plenty of Arabs, from various countries like Iraq,
Iran, Jordan, etc.

One thing that astonished me was the intensity of the feelings among these
Arab students.  Most of the A & M students weren't into politics (not even,
say, Nation of Islam politics).  They were either working hard on getting
their education, or they were UNCF scholars still wandering around looking
for the rest rooms.  But the Arabs had extremely well-developed political
cells, and were always holding rallies and papering the campus with flyers.
Most of the propaganda, at the time, was against the Shah of Iran, who was
still in power there.

There were times when I thought, "these guys aren't here to study at all,"
and I considered calling the FBI to make sure they knew what was going on.
In retrospect, I wish I had.  But I rationalized that, surely, the FBI
already knew.

A few years later I was in Tampa, FL and taking flying lessons from a
Pakistani.  He had been a copilot in a 727 for some Arab airline before he
came to the states.  He had about five other students, all Iranian.  This
was about the time Khomeini was taking over in Iran, so they had many, many
heated discussions, in Farsi (?), all about that.  Naturally, I had no idea
what they were saying, but I could certainly read the passion with which
they said it.

It occurs to me now, that all those passionate, highly political guys are
probably now flying airplanes.

Jack