off

Dan Stiles mopacrr at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 14 07:10:02 EDT 2001

I have also been following the discussions and have
finally decided to throw my two cents in.

Last night my daughter came home and said a student at
her high school was in tears yesterday because someone
said something to her.

The student was from the middle east.  The comment
made to her was about the current situation.  The girl
still has family over there and is scared and worried
about her family.  My first thought was tough.  There
are plenty of people here who are scared and worried
about their families too.

Then I felt ashamed.  The girl here has nothing to do
with what happened.  We make comments about "towel
heads" I wonder what the rest of the world thinks
about many of our people in baseball caps and driving
pickups.

Now please do not get me wrong.  I am a patriot and I
love this country.  But didn't we learn our lesson
about what we did to Japanesse-Americans after Pearl
Harbor.  Yes, we have some serious problems with a
small group of people from the Middle East but, all
people from there are not bad.  After all unless you
are a Native American, you came here from another
country.  My family is mostly Irish and I am Catholic.
 Does that mean I am a target?  Does that mean I
belong to the IRA and set car bombs and kill innocent
people?  Certainly not  My wife's father is from
Italy.  Does that mean because Italy was an enemy in
WWII he is bad?  Certainly not, he is one of the
finest American citizens I know and I am honored he is
my Father in Law, friend and role model for raising my
children.

Please let us remember what our country was founded
for and by whom.

The people who did this event must be caught and the
cancer cut out of our society but everyone of Middle
Eastern background is not the enemy only a tiny
fraction.

Judge people for what they are not where they came
from.  Judge people for what they do not what a small
band of unbalanced people from their country do.
Judge people the way you would want to be judged.
Remember that with all the trouble now, America is
home to James Earl Ray, John Wilkes Booth, Charles
Manson, Jim Jones, Tim McVeigh (SP), Lee Harvey
Oswald, John Hinckley, etc...  Our hands are not blood
free.

Bring those who did this justice and declare war on
terrorism with the full resources and rath of a nation
that has been attacked.

The enemy is a leader or leaders of a group of crazies
not some high school student in my area or a couple
with an accent running a 7-11.

Judge others as you would be judged.

Enough said and I am sure there are some who disagree
and will say that.  Thank God that we live in a
country where you can do that.

God Bless America and all her citizens new and old.

Dan Stiles

http://im.yahoo.com