Sprague Hypass Items in a SB-220

John C Adkins adkinsj at COMPUSERVE.COM
Sun Sep 16 08:09:33 EDT 2001

Thanks for all the replies.  Joseph Pinner, KC5IJD sent me this specific
information.

As I deconstruct the circuit in my modified SB-220, the bottom side of the
tube sockets have been shielded.  The feedthru caps are connected to the
green filament supplies to the tubes, and the bifilar choke has been moved
inside the shielding enclosure.  Another, smaller, feedthru cap was used to
bring in the bias supply.

Apparently the previous owner had some kind of interference problem, so he
did this shielding.

73

John
w4kv