Opinions needed

Ray F rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Sun Sep 16 18:36:23 EDT 2001

Hey fellow lovers of the Heath:
Interested in your opinions and experiences.  I have a very good
condition
SB200 amp which I am getting ready to put into service.  It is
unmodified....
no Harbach's... no nothing else... just a plain old sb 200.
I've seen lots mentioned about the Harbach mods on here and other mods
elsewhere and am just wondering... are they mainly  for operating
convenience... or do they somehow extend the life of the amp in some
way...?
Were all these mods designed to fix "deficiencies" that were discovered
to have
been left  by Heathkit through no fault of theirs?  I guess what I'm
wondering is, will I be missing anything and taking a chance on anything
if I just use it as designed by Heath without any mods?   Present plans
call for using it with my sb303/401 combo
for the station I've dreamed of since I was a Novice. Also with my newly
acquired sb100.  Possibly with a Drake T4X as well.
Ray  wa7itz