W8KIT Operation

john johnmb at NC.RR.COM
Mon Sep 17 20:16:30 EDT 2001

Thanks for the opportunity Randy, it was a pleasure working you Saturday
afternoon, and I'd sure encourage you to try again when the mood strikes
you. You had a great signal down south here.

QSL and SASE are on the way, and thanks for the work you did to
get the station on the air.

Best 73
John

At 09:46 AM 9/17/01 -0400, Randy Kaeding wrote:
>Friends:
>
>We almost called the operation off due to everything going on this past
week. However, we did operate all day Saturday and made lots of contacts.
We had contacts in 40 states, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Europe.

>We were using an SB-1400 which worked flawlessly to a 6-band vertical
mounted on the roof of a single-story building (Heathkit Company) in
downtown Benton Harbor, Michigan. Perhaps next time we will install a beam
and possibly a linear amplifier. Our problem with using an amplifier is due
to the construction of the building, running an AC line which could handle
the extra current may be a problem.

>For those who worked us, you can request a QSL card by sending an SASE to:
>
>W8KIT
>c/o Heathkit Educational Systems
>455 Riverview Drive - Building 2
>Benton Harbor, MI  49022
>
>If you are interested in what the company is up to now, you can visit our
web page at:

>www.heathkit.com
>
>73,
>Randy, K8TMK