Strange Mic Plug

Larry Bratcher lbratche at SWBELL.NET
Sun Sep 23 19:27:52 EDT 2001

Thanks to all that responded to my question below.  The plug on my HW-22A is a XLR plug and I can get one at Radio Shack.  I did look at the hole in the panel and it is large than the standard mic plug.  Looks like I will have to keep the plug.  I think I'll make an adapter to allow me to use my HeathKit mic if I can find the male and female HeathKit plugs.  I anyone has any they want to sell, please let me know.

Thanks

Larry

I'm new to the scene of collection and rebuilding Heathkits and have ran across something that I have not seen before.  I recently purchased a HW-22A that I'm wanting to restore.  The Mic plug is a 3 pin with what appears to be a little release button at the top.  Where can I find the female part to go on the mic for this plug?  Or would I be better to change it out to the standard 2 pin Heathkit type plug?  Also, where's a good source to buy the two pin plugs - both ends?

Thanks for your help

Larry