still:SB-104A problem

R. Schmitz HeathlinerSB at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 27 19:20:08 EDT 2001

Again my Question to the list,maybe last time there were problems with the
server.
Problem with my SB-104A is low output on 15 and 20m (only abt 30-35
Watt).Works well on 80,40 and 10m.RX fine on all bands.
Got some help from:
Mike,w8krr
Mike,wg8vge
Kees,K5bcq
Brad Allen
Charles,ka8jvx
Dave,w8dlk,hope,I have nobody forgotten.
Thank You all for Your support!
Spent some time with The SB-104A,but not solved the problem (Low PWR-output
on 20 and 15m)
What I have done:
checked koaxes in PA and ALC board:OK
I connected the PA out Jack directly to a dummy,passing ALC/Output
Circuit-board: Same results.Out max 35W . Increased abit during transmitting.
No greater difference between the edges of one  band (upper and lower part).
I believe, the bug is in IF Board "C".
C337 and 333 are variable. I tried to change a bit and found a very sharp
maximum on 15 and 20 .Each only 1 or two degree.Only a touch with the
screwdriver made the difference from "full"power to nothing.But max20W.
Never had so sharp result during alignment of any rig.Because I have no
extender board,I had to remove the circuit several times,always making just
"one touch"with the screwdriver.
After making new solder to the circuit no results.
Oscillator coils L405 and L403 seem to be adjusted well.
If You have no better ideas,I would like to change the switching diodes
D327-D324.
They are Type DRS-110 (Heath part57-64).Has anybody an idea, which type of
Diode from today one should use??
Thank You for all the help!
Any good ideas still welcome........
Best 73´s de Randolf,DL6KAI