DX-35 / DX-40 Crystal Doors

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 28 14:55:31 EDT 2001

As of today, I have obtained a better crackle paint
for the replacement crystal doors for the DX-35 and
DX-40.  It is somewhat "deeper", but has a much more
"uniform" pattern that what I was using.

If anyone who has obtained a door would rather have
the "new" paint, please return the door that you now
have and I'll replace it free of charge.  The last of
the "old" paint was shipped on Tuesday.  The basic
color is still Heath Gray #110.

If anyone else is interested in obtaining a
replacement crystal door for their DX-35 or DX-40, the
cost is $10 plus $1.50 for shipping and handling
making a total of $11.50 for each door unless you just
happen to live in Texas.  Then I have to collect an
additional 83 cents for sales tax making the total
$12.33 for each door.

I am still looking for a source for the 2 inch
diameter hole plug that is the basis of the crystal
door for the Heath DX-20.  If I can locate a source of
these, I can make replacement doors for the DX-20.
However, they will be supplied with a "stud" for the
knob (just like the originals) but will be less the
large plastic Heath knob which is the same as is used
on the DX-20, DX-35, DX-40, and DX-100.

For those who have lost my mailing address (or didn't
have it in the first place!) it is as follows:

Glen E. Zook, K9STH
410 Lawndale Drive
Richardson, Texas 75080

Thanks