Heathkit Hero mailing list

Paul Dean wb9hgz at charlottesville.net
Fri Sep 28 16:46:30 EDT 2001

Hi, Lance -

I have been a member of the list for quite some time now and your
observations are correct.  There is some Heath audio discussion, a
little Heath computer, but mostly Ham radio.

My main interest is the Ham radio aspect, but I do have a Hero 1.  He
mostly sleeps in the basement.  Haven't done much with him in years.

At the time, I went all out.  I have the arm, Basic ROM, memory
expansion, speech unit, etc.   I took the course in robotics that went
along with the robot.  Had loads of fun years ago!

I'd certainly be "up" for any Hero discussions!

As an aside, after I had Hero for about a year, one of the batteries
went bad.  I spoke with the Heath service department to see if this was
common.  I only asked for my own information.  They offered to send me a
new battery and did so.  What a great company!

Welcome to the list.

73,
Paul, wb9hgz