SB-105

WYsixK wy6k at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 5 12:48:24 EST 2002

What's an SB105?

It's been so long since I used XIT for anything that I'm tempted to say
you don't need it at all.  However, the problem with your reasoning is
that you mess up the receive tuning if you touch the main dial as a way
of changing the transmit frequency.  I actually think this goes back to
the drifty signal days.  You used RIT to keep following the drifting
station you were working and you didn't want to change the transmit
frequency because that just caused the other station to chase you.  The
result was two staions that worked their way up or down the band during
a QSO.  So I think XIT is obsolete if you have two VFOs but not if you
only have one.

FWIW
Michael

http://taxes.yahoo.com/