Lighthouse Larry G.E. HAM NEWS For Sale...

Eddy Swynar gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Mon Apr 8 19:03:01 EDT 2002

Hello All...

I'm thinning out the duplicate copies from my collection of the vintage
"G.E. HAM NEWS", and have 70 different issues available at this time that
I'd like to sell as ONE SINGLE LOT, in case anyone might be interested...

I'm asking $85.00 (U.S.) for EVERYTHING, which INCLUDES insurance AND
postage for surface mail to Canada, or any of the lower 48 States. Here are
the exact issues you'd be getting, POSTPAID:

VOLUME #:      ISSUE NO:

1.........................2 (2 copies),3,4
2.........................1,3,4,5,6
3.........................1,2,3,4,5,6
4.........................1,2,3,4,5,6
5.........................1,2,3,4,5.6
6.........................1,2,3,4,5,6
7.........................1,2,3,4,5.6
8.........................1,2,3,4,5.6
9.........................1,2,3,4,5,6
10.......................1,2,3,4,5,6
11.......................2,3,4,5,6
12.......................1,2,3,4,5,6
13.......................1
MAY-JUNE 1959
NOV.-DEC. 1959

Also included with this collection is a similarly-sized GE HAM DATA foldout
sheet summarzing the specs & characteristics of their transmitting tubes and
vacuum capacitors, circa MARCH 2, 1948...

For the uninitiated, G.E. HAM NEWS was a wonderful little 6-1/2" x 9-1/2"
fold-out, published every other month by General Electric's tube division:
it first made its appearance in 1946, and ran until sometime in the 1960's.
Full of useful, handy information for Hams, each issue generally featured a
unique "glowbug" period project that had wide appeal to Hams. The back page
generally heralded the arrival of a new tube from G.E.

This pile of HAM NEWS stacks up to be just over 1" in thickness, & will make
a wonderful addition to our radio library---you'll refer back to your copies
many times, I'm sure, just as I & so many others do that cherish these
classics from the past...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ