[Heathkit] Love Affair with old HW 100 Tube Xcvr. {01}

ejforwood Jerold Forwood ejforwood at MSN.COM
Mon Apr 22 14:36:12 EDT 2002

Maybe it's not what a "true Ham" (Whatever that is) would do,  but it's what every "Business Man" does all the time.  The seller on eBay doesn't set the price, the buyer does.  If you don't want to pay the price, don't buy it.  The price of everything is determined by the price people are willing to pay!  If it's not worth the price, it won't sell.  I've seen many items not sell on eBay and then be re-listed at lower reserves, starting bid prices, ect. and then sell for more than the original reserve price.  Go figure!
73's,
Jerry, K0EJF

----- Original Message -----
From: BobbyTrip at aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:24 PM
To: ejforwood at MSN.COM; HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [Heathkit] Love Affair with old HW 100 Tube Xcvr. {01}

In a message dated 4/22/2002 12:49:52 PM Central Daylight Time, ejforwood at MSN.COM writes:

My manual calls for only the two for the drive/preselector  variable caps.  It shows a dial cord and spring for the final load cap.

The later HW-101's had an O-ring for the final load cap as well.  It is a larger diameter and thicker from what I can tell.  Maybe that is what the third is for.  I won't say what I think of the practice of selling these for the prices I have seen, but it isn't what a true ham would do...

Bob, WB2UJD