Meter Repair

Carl C. Miller Jr bugmarx at EV1.NET
Sat Apr 27 13:28:35 EDT 2002

Hello All,

I want to thank everyone for their advice and suggestions.

It is obvious to me that the coil is open on this particular meter. Last
night, with nothing to lose, I went ahead and started taking the thing
apart. I managed to accomplish this without any mishaps and I actually
managed to get the little aluminium bobbin out and unwound the wire off of
it, I mauled the wire a little so I don't know if I ran across the broken
section or not. I obtained some 32ga. wire from a local electronic parts
store, It's a little thicker than the original wire but hopefully it will
work, and I am going to attempt to rewind the thing today. I will let you
know how it turns out, good or bad.

73's
Carl KA5KAB