SB220/221

John C Owens jcowens3 at JUNO.COM
Sun Apr 28 12:22:58 EDT 2002

It really amazes me that out of over 700 subscribers to the Heathkit
reflector, there is only 1 guy (thanks George, W5RUK) who knows anything
about the SB220/221. I thought these amplifiers were legend and that the
ham world is still very populated with them. I sure see a bunch of them
at the larger swapmeets. Maybe they have all been turned into scrap to
keep the few remaining amplifiers alive??? I doubt it. I hope to hear
from others on this amplifier so I can get the 2 I have back on the air
where they belong. Your help/feedback would be appreciated. I am trying
to sort through the various mods that have been documented over the years
to determine which of those should be done. Your help would be
appreciated. After all, isn't that why we have reflectors like this??

Thanks - John Owens (N7SEJ)