OFF SUBJECT.......HP SIGNAL GENERATOR

K7SZ rarland at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Aug 10 22:06:16 EDT 2002

Probably one of the best sig gens that HP ever made.

I have one at the lab at work and we use it daily. Got it used form Tucker
in Texas, when they were still handling the older HP test gear. Paid $250
for it with cal cert from their PMEL.

In order to be accureate, I feed mine through a BNC "T" connector into a
counter and set the freq that way. Still, the analog dial is pretty good for
"in-the-ballpark-accuracy".

73 Rich K7SZ

----- Original Message -----
From: "DARYLE BROOKS" <wb7tne.brooks at WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 1:59 PM
Subject: OFF SUBJECT.......HP SIGNAL GENERATOR

Greetings to all.I am looking for a bit of history on an HP signal
generator.It is a model# 608d.10-420 mhz. This one I picked up at an
auction.it's in operating condition,used to be in government service witht
the FAA. Last aligned April of 82.Is this still a good useable piece of
equipment?My real question. Any one on the list have a history using this
piece?

TNX
Daryle
WB7TNE