Looking for schematic for SB 630 station console

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BREVARD.NET
Mon Aug 12 19:44:48 EDT 2002

Hi Bernie,
I have a SB-630 that developed the same problem. If it is not a
component, it will be the plate relay. Plate relays aren't too common
these days. The early 630 had a poor relay design and Heathkit replaced
it in later models. Had a P&B sealed unit in the junk box but it is only
SPDT. Designed a mod to replace the relay with three. One plate relay
and two DPDT 12V relays from RS. Replaced that buzzer with a chime from
RS Built a 12V power supply for 6VAC to run the relays and the chime.
Turned out very neat and the chime is much more pleasant than the buzzer
It is also very stable now.. Also had to rebuild the clock as the motor
was open. There are no parts for the clock .Front panel redone by Mike
Shelton and case refinished. Looks/works great. I have JPG's of the mod
and schematic. Also have a spare relay for $5. If interested in details,
contact me.
Wayne;
W4GBW