Heathkit sa-5010 u-matic memory keyer...

DARYLE BROOKS wb7tne.brooks at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Aug 27 19:03:01 EDT 2002

Hello to all. I am curious about something I found in a silent key's estate while
doing cleanup. I found an SA-5010 u-matic memory keyer with original manual,power supply and the paddles in an original Heathkit shipping box.I have heard from some hams that this thing tended to destroy the chips inside whenever you touched the paddles,static discharges being mentioned.I can see this happening as the paddles are capacitive.This unit is assemble and in good cosmetic condition.Not operating though. Wall wart is working. Any history here?

TNX
Daryle
WB7TNE