NC-270

Joe Cro N3IBX Yardleyite at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 1 12:31:24 EST 2002

In a message dated 12/1/02 9:04:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
brianmwood at DIRECWAY.COM writes:

> I thought I'd ask if anyone on the list has an NC-270 and could tell me
> if they have noticeable hum when the audio gain is turned down. I also have
> a fair amount of microphonics from the two audio stages (6T8 and 6CW5). A
> three-prong cord helped a little, but not enough.

Brian - I own a National NC-270 and it does not exhibit the problem with hum
that you mentioned. Did you go through all of the audio stages and check
tubes, connections, etc? What about power supply electrolytics?
                                                                Regards de
Joe Cro N3IBX

Joseph Cro N3IBX

Collins, Heathkit, Hallicrafters