Request for Info

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Sun Dec 1 19:12:09 EST 2002

I don't have a '56 catalog, but my '57 catalog shows a "Legato" Speaker
system kit for $325 ("Contemporary" model, HH-1-C - 231 lbs) or $345
("Traditional" model, HH-1-T, 246 lbs). Man, what a beast!

There were several amps and tuners you could have used. If you'd like, I'll
scan in a few pages and email them to you.

73,

Brian, W0DZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Richard Bidwell
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 3:20 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Request for Info

Hi  --  I have a request that maybe someone can answer, although it isn't
technical.  My first Heathkit that I built  was in 1956, and it was a
"hi-fi" unit with a separate speaker.  I can't recall much about the unit
except that the output tubes were Mullard KT66s (?).  I believe the tuner
and amplifier were in a single unit and, of course, mono only.  The  speaker
case was white birch veneer and weighed a ton.  What I would like is a copy
of the pertinent part of the 1956 catalog that would have this stuff in it,
or a hint as to where I might find the info or at least a positive ident of
the model so I can look for one.  Any advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers, Dick B.