HW-100 with intermittent noise on receive

H. Sawyer gdguy21 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 5 14:22:20 EST 2002

This problem has plagued me for many years. The noise sounds like heavy rainfall on a window pane. Somewhat like static crashes. The noise does vary with changing  the volume control of the AF gain.

When it is there, it seems as if rapidly turning the AF gain control clears it temporarily. I have achieved temporary relief by using a spraying a cleaner into the AF pot.

I have replaced V14, no help.

The noise seems to be independent from the RF gain control.

Green team, your help, please.

Thanks, in advance.

Howard

KO6WL