HW-100 with intermittent noise on receive

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 6 13:39:28 EST 2002

This may or may not be your issue, but I had a similar issue with a HW-101.
The problem was motorboating which got worse as the unti warmed up and
eventually obscured RX audio.  The problem was one of the vertically mounted
electrolytic capacitors.  C304 on the HW-101, which sits nearby V14.  Being
located near V14 is what makes it go bad, due to heat from V14.  The other
one of these caps is still good today in my unit.  Check this out for a
possible cause.

Bob, WB2UJD