REF.: I've Seen Everything...

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at FYI.NET
Tue Dec 10 13:19:31 EST 2002

Well...

In the mid-80's, I worked in a (now defunct) ham store here in Pittsburgh.
Bought a TS-430S we'd taken in on trade (that's a long story in & of
itself).  When I placed the order with Kenwood for the Owners & Service
Manual and some other odds 'n' ends we didn't normally stock, I actually did
order the "factory shipping" box, the styrofoam inserts, even the plastic
cover it normally came with.  At the time, it only cost about $10 or so.
Kenwood put everything inside the box I ordered, then put that inside a
larger box.

Now the Kenwood folks thought I was nutz (I am, which is also another story)
and a lot of people had some fun with it, but let's face it, when you're
packing equipment up to ship or otherwise transport, having this stuff
around is real handy!

73, ron wn3vaw

"You used up all the glue ON PURPOSE!"
In Memory of Shep K2ORS (SK) and 10:15 PM on WOR 710 AM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy Gerli, AC1Y/G5CPJ" <angerli at ATTBI.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 9:55 AM
Subject: REF.: I've Seen Everything...

Hi, gang,

You know, years ago (early '80s) while I was working at the ARRL, there
was a thread of Ham-Ads that would occasionally turn up selling
"Original Cartons" for all manner of gear. We got a laugh out of that
then; some poor wags actually bought them!

What comes around, goes around, I guess!

73,

Sandy

--

Sandy Gerli, AC1Y/G5CPJ
500 Country Club Road
Avon, CT  06001-2406  USA
e-mail: angerli at attbi.com
Telephone: 1-860-675-5566
Boatanchors are Ham Radio's living heritage!
Restore something...anything...as long as it has tubes!
Sure beats booze, and you can get up afterwards...
IF you stay away from the B-plus...