Why are so many people quitting this list?

Paul K. Dean wb9hgz at charlottesville.net
Wed Dec 11 18:27:47 EST 2002

Harold and list members -

Your observation is correct.  In fact, I have a batch of about 12 "empty
box" messages that I need to release to the list.  Thought I'd hold them a
bit until the activity slowed down some.

Bottom line here is that when I volunteered for the moderator's job, Dave
and I discussed whether we should institute a "Heathkit only" policy.  Dave
felt that it would be good to allow for a more broad subject base.
Therefore, as long as the posts are radio or electronics related and not
offensive, we generally let them through.  (You note that I often construe
that fairly loosely, i.e. the "empty box" thread.)

If you, the list members, are put off by what I will call "chatter", please
feel free to let me know (privately, off list).  If there is a consensus
that the current policies are a bit too lenient in terms of topic coverage,
I'll discuss it with Dave and we could perhaps narrow it a bit.  I
understand that some of the threads do get a bit lengthy and sometimes
offer no real content.

It's a balancing act, indeed!

Thanks, all!

At 04:22 PM 12/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Just one person's observation; it seems that much of the posts in recent
month's have nothing to do with Heath matters.