Heath VF-1 & Johnson Adventurer Transmitter

Rich Sahlender rsahlen at VOICENET.COM
Sun Dec 15 10:52:21 EST 2002

I had similar symptoms with a DX-40 and a VF-1 a few years back.
Turned out the power transformer in the DX-40 was getting weak
and the extra current drawn by the VF-1 caused just enough of a
voltage drop to produce chirp. A replacement transformer from
Peter Dahl cured the problem for me.

I still use the DX-40/VF-1 every now and then. The VF-1 uses the
6au6 and the 0a2 and is not left running. It is keyed in the typical
way via the DX-40 accessory plug.

73 de Rich WA3WLH