technical help needed

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Tue Dec 24 18:00:18 EST 2002

need some advice.  Whats the formula or method for determining how far
behind a driven element the reflector should go?
I'm building a 20 meter beam.  The driven element will be a shortened
one...
a dipole 102 inches on each side with loading coils on each half of the
dipole at the
feedpoint.  I know that reflectors are usually 5 percent longer than the
driven element, but I need to know the formula or method for figuring
how far behind the
driven element to put a reflector.
Ray  wa7itz