GB> technical help needed

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Wed Dec 25 14:39:49 EST 2002

In my article on the "DZ3" 3-element 5-band "monobander" (July, 2001 QST), I
used the dimensions given by W2PV in an Antenna Book article. He used 0.2005
wavelengths for driven element to 1st director and 0.1235 wavelengths for
driven element to reflector spacing, with element lengths slightly lesss
than 1/2 wavelength. I modeled it on Brian Beezley's "YO" program and got a
respectable front-to-back and gain on each band.

Fluidmotion, on the other hand, chose to use an identical spacing for the
two distances just mentioned, since they can adjust element length
dynamically.

73,

Brian, W0DZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Crawfish
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 6:33 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: GB> technical help needed

Most of the info I have seen show 0.2 wavelength spacing between the driven
element and the reflector, and .1 to .15 wavelength spacing between the
driven element and the director, and .1 to .15 wavelength spacing between
directors.
                                                                    73,
                                                                    Joe
W4AAB