Request

Richard Bidwell rfb100 at CUISP.COM
Sun Dec 29 17:17:11 EST 2002

Hi  --  Happy New Year to all.  Now for  the serious stuff.  This isn't Ham-related but maybe someone out there can point me in a good direction.  I'm looking for a mid-1950s BC-1 or 1A AM tuner.  This unit was part of my first Heathkit in that era and I am reassebling the pieces.  I have all the electronics except for this unit and a speaker  (I had built an SS-1), but there seems to a scarcity of AM tuners on ebay.   You all are probably aware that big changes are coming in broadcast radio, both AM and FM, in the next few months and I expect (hope?) there will be front-end add-on converter boxes available to take advantage of the changes.  Even if not, the signal-handling quality of this system should far outdistance the current crop of radios.  And if it doesn't, well, the nostalgia makes it worthwhile for me.  Any advice or guidance will be most appreciated.  Cheers, Dick B.