Looking for AM-1 diode

Greg@Bowser.com Greg at BOWSER.COM
Tue Dec 31 20:03:49 EST 2002

Just received another great ebay purchase... For some reason, I have been
having bad luck lately with buying Heath stuff  from Ebay but that is
another long story.  My latest arrival is an AM-1 Antenna Impedance Meter
and found out that it is missing its diode.  Heath calls it a crystal
rectifier in the manual and gives it a Heath part number of 56-1.  Outside
of Heathkit, this is known as a CK 705 diode and I was wondering if someone
might know of a good sub for this?  I am thinking that a diode from the old
crystal radio sets, 1N34A might work as a replacement.  Looking for input
from those more knowledge than I on diodes.  Any diode heads out there?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.
Greg W8NGA