Need help with a Mohawk

John M. Fenton KB0KSA KB0KSA at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 6 06:30:27 EST 2002

Hi Guys,
  I've been working on a Mohawk for a week. When I started I had very low
audio. I found a cold solder joint on a cap and a shorted wire at the audio
pot. Got those fixed and now I have OK audio on SSB, but almost everything
drops out when I switch to AM.
  The audio amp checks out OK as does the power amp. I have voltage problems
on the 6bj7 which is the detector, ANL, AVC tube. I've checked the resistors
in the circurt and they look OK. I've tried a new tube. Starting voltage is
OK at 150. On pin 1 the detector is at 8 volts with a voltage divider, I need
16. Both resistors look and check out OK.
  The meter also doesn't work. It feeds from the ANL to 1\2 the 12at7 amp.
  Anyone out there ever run in the this problem? If so how do I fix it?
Tnx for the help and 73...John