Boat Anchor Equipment for sale / trade

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 9 23:46:55 EST 2002

Boat Anchor Equipment For Sale / Trade

I am trying to "thin down", or at least get something
different, some of the boat anchors that are out in my
shack.

National NC-100:  At least good physical shape (some
would call it better than good!), missing bottom
plate.  No Speaker.  This is a heavy unit!  Do have
copy of manual.  Have not checked it out electrically.
  I had "forgotten" that this was in my attic for over
20 years!  $250 plus shipping from 75080

National RCQ:  This is the CAA (Civil Aviation
Authority) variant of the NC-100 with a "rudimentary"
squelch circuit.  Rack mount, no cabinet.  It is in
very good condition.  No speaker.  I was in the
process of restoring this unit, but just don't have
the time. The power transformer, electrolytic
capacitors, etc., all seem to be OK.   This is even
heavier than the NC-100 (can hold at least a light
cruiser, let alone a boat!).  I have a copy of the
manual for the RCQ!  I "found" this one at the same
time as the NC-100.  Has been in my attic for about 25
years!  $300 plus shipping from 75080

Harvey-Wells TBS-50 transmitter:  Unit has been
physically cleaned but no power has been put on it
since I got it a couple of months ago.  The cabinet
has been completely refinished in gray crackle (I just
completed this). It has all the tubes.  The center
"pin" of the octal plug on the back is missing.  The
front panel is in "good" condition, but definitely
could be better (has scrapes, nicks, the paint is
fading).  $125 plus shipping from 75080

Aerotron MPAC 450 MHz repeater:  40 watts continuous
duty output.  In the indoor 42 inch high cabinet with
Motorola 4 cavity bandpass/reject duplexer.  Has
"community repeater" multiple CTCSS panel that also
allows the repeater to be used as "standard squelch"
repeater with the "throw of a switch".  Presently on
464.650 / 469.650 MHz but will go on the 440 MHz
amateur band without any problems.  I have the manual
copies on this.  It uses the "channel element" type of
frequency control (new crystals are available from
International Crystal in Oklahoma City).  The repeater
is in very-good to excellent condition.  I have been
the only owner of it!  Prefer pickup in Richardson,
Texas (Dallas area).  However, can ship by truck line
(expensive!).  $1500 plus shipping from 75080.
Original cost?  You don't want to know!  It was
expensive!

Johnson Pacemaker:  This SSB transmitter was
supposedly working when it was traded to me!  However,
before I ever put any AC power on it I pulled it from
the cabinet and looked it over.  There is a "bundle"
of wires that have been "overheated", probably due to
the failure of an electrolytic capacitor.  Therefore,
I have not even tried to use it!  The rig may be
working, but I really doubt it!  The cabinet has been
repainted by someone else, and there is a large hole
in the back that probably held a fan.  It is possible
that the cabinet is actually from one of the other
pieces of Johnson equipment that had a fan.  This can
be filled in with either perforated sheet metal, solid
sheet metal, or a fan installed (I don't think the
Pacemaker really needs a fan since it only runs 50
watts!).   Other than the electrical problem, the unit
is in very good condition.  $225 plus shipping from
75080.

I am also going through some of the excess cabinets
that I have.  Probably will "get rid of" a couple of
refinished DX-20 cabinets (with reproduction crystal
plugs - less gray knob) and a refinished DX-35/DX-40
cabinet with reproduction crystal door.

I am looking for the following items and would accept
various items in partial, or full, trade for various
items on the above list.  I am not interested in
buying any of these, only consider in trade.

Collins:  75A, 75A1, 32V3, KWS-1, 30L-1

Heath:  SB-200, SB-500, Cheyenne

Mosley CM-1

Hallicrafters:  SX-96, SX-115, SR-75

Johnson:  Ranger (I)

Knight:  Ocean Hopper, Span Master

Lafayette:  HE-10 (or the kit model KT-200)

National NC-1-10, SW-3 series

Conar:  500 (receiver, have the transmitter)

TOBE:  Receiver (circa 1935)

Glen, K9STH

http://greetings.yahoo.com