Heath Catalog COLLECTOR Question

Bill Robbins billrobb at NET-LINK.NET
Sun Feb 10 18:23:56 EST 2002

Guys:

Upon receiving a inquiry about Heathkit catalogs I spent alot of time going
through my 1980's catalogs.  Some very interesting things.

I have 47 different catalogs from the 1980's.  OK.....no big deal.  But, as
many as 4 mailing covers were used on the same catalog.  So, if they
averaged
4.7 catalogs per year, and sent multiple covers on many of them, the direct
mailing effort must have been gigantic.  Anyone know more about this????

Also a question for you collectors (like I am)........Would you say (as an
example)
that the Spring 1983 catalog, with 4 different mailing covers are 4
different
collectibles?  My tendency is to keep them entact as an example of the
Heathkit
marketing philosophy but I would like other reactions.

I can feel the critics gearing up.  STOP.

Thanks

Bill Robbins
WA8CDU formally WN8CDU
Heathkit Collector