DX - 100

Dale KG4KZG Accrider3 at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 15 16:54:44 EST 2002

Your pic looks like the ssb mod. In the ssb mod there should be two VR tubes
and a pot under the chassis near the HV transformer. Yor pot may have been
mounted on the front panel. I did a SSB mod on mine in late 60's or early
70's. I was never happy with it. The added load seemed to cause the normally
rock stable vfo to drift.
The SB-10 came through Heath surplus to The South Bend Community Schools
Corp. and then to my high school electronics lab. For those of you at Heath
at the time one of you put a big red S on the front panel, needless to say it

is still there.
I found a bad coil in it, took a turn or two off and it worked fine. Too bad
it didn't have the case
Still have the DX-100 and the SB-10.
73 de Dale
KG4KZG