How to clean up the chassis?

Jordan jordana at NUCLEUS.COM
Sun Feb 24 12:50:23 EST 2002

I use a thorough soak with Windex, then use various small artists paint brushes , then i necessary
WD-40 to remove grease ,oil etc...repeat as necessary , then flush with DISTILLED water and finally ,
careful blasts with the air compressor set at about 30-40 psi.... then I allow 48 hours for drying...
this works fine for dirt, grease and dust... chassis corrosion is another matter all togther....
Most rigs will have a 'direction' for the spraying of fluids, so that propagation of the fluids into
the underside of the rig is minimized.... ie. standing on end with any of the openings through the
chassis at the top so the run-off flows away from them....

Spray-nine is an excellent Aluminium cleaner, but caution is advised as it can "stain" if left too
long on the surface...also be sure to test any cleaner on an underside piece of the chassis to be sure
it is not going remove or discolor the surface of any MFP coatings that may be present...your mileage
may vary....73 de Jordan....