SB-series friction dial drive

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Wed Jan 2 13:16:29 EST 2002

Leafing through an old QST a while back I came across a nice little fix
for the SB drives if they start slipping.  The author said he took a small
rubber band and wound it a couple times around the area between the two
discs to increase the diameter in there.  That increased the friction on the

dial and it worked great.  Probably wore on the rubber band, but with such
a simple fix, if you had to do that even every year, it would be no problem.

ray  wa7itz