HD-1250 Help

Rick Williams ve7asr at TELUS.NET
Sat Jan 5 01:51:38 EST 2002

I have recently acquired an HD-1250 without manual.  I've grabbed the
schematic off the web but I have a problem.

There is significant meter deflection on all bands. In addition, the "dip"
seems very weak on the upper bands (above 12.5 MHz) and not even perceptible
on the lower bands.  Audio is weak on the upper frequencies and non-existent
on others. The oscillator is functioning on all band modules (according to
my frequency counter).  Also, the voltages seem reasonable BUT without the
manual it's tough to determine what the settings were.  I did it with the
sensitivity at max and NO COIL in J1.

This little unit is in excellent condition cosmetically and I'd like to get
it going. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

73,
Rick
VE7ASR