Help: SB 650 with SB303/401

Chuck Penson wa7zze at JUNO.COM
Tue Jan 15 09:59:58 EST 2002

Here is a great question for DK5BY. Am hoping someone can help him out.
Please respond directly to him

Thanks!

Chuck / WA7ZZE

From: Reinhard.Scholz at WiMi.LANDSH.DE

If the frequency display SB 650 is used with a receiver SB 303 being
operated in transceive-mode together with the transmitter SB 401, it is
necessary to instal a RF-choke (Heath-# 45-76) at the HFO-AMP input of
the
SB 401. What is the exact function of that choke and what is its L-value?
Although SB 303/401-HFOs are aligned, I have obviously too low voltage
output of SB 303-HFO. I compensated for that by lowering the connecting-R
from SB 303-HFO to SB 650 from 100 Ohm to 15 Ohm. That works
satisfactorily
up to 21 Mcs, but fails above. The RF-choke mentioned is neither
available
nor installed yet.

Thank you very much in advance for any trouble you might have answering
my problem.

Sincerely