HW-101 Low Output on 40M and 6.8MHz Trap Adjustment

Ken Winterling winterlingk at MBUSA.COM
Tue Jan 15 15:43:04 EST 2002

HW-101 experts,

I need your help. I recently received a HW-101 in very good condition but
it has low output but only on 40M. It puts out 100+ W on 80M and 20M. Also,
turning the MIC/CW level control clockwise will increase the output until
approximately the 2 or 3 o'clock position. Continuing to turn the control
clockwise from that point causes the output to drop.

Another item of concern is the 6.8MHz trap. The manual states that it is
sealed and should not be turned. Mine is not sealed and I suspect it has
been turned. What is the correct method of adjusting this trap?

73 and thanks for any help.

Ken, WA2LBI