303' hum

Guy Giacopuzzi ggg3dds at JS-NET.COM
Thu Jan 17 09:53:57 EST 2002

    About five years after I built my SB-303, I decided (for what ever
reason) that it needed a tune-up, in conjuction with the matching
401'...while examining the interior, I found the filter cap on the power
supply--the big fat one--leaking.  I don't remember a hum, but I did
replace it with a new one...I wonder if they had a run of sub-standard
filter caps...the new one was from Heath, and a different brand and
style from the original...that was about twenty years ago...

ggg