Mystery tube

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 26 11:29:06 EST 2002

The "2" in front of the tube number indicates that the
tube probably was actually made by Cunningham.  What
you are looking for is a type 83A and a type 45.
During the 1920s a type 45, 145, 245, and 345 were all
the same tube, just made by different manufacturers.
The same with the 83 series.

The 45 was used in all sorts of radios during the late
1920s as an audio amplifier / output tube.

Glen, K9STH

--- "Peter J. Havens" <pjhavens at CYBERTRAILS.COM>
wrote:

but then these: a "283A" and a "UX245", both made by
Westinghouse, both 4-prong, bakelite base, about 5
inches tall. I can't find them in my 1973 RCA tube
manual, any substitution manual, Antique Electronic
Supply catalogs, nowhere.

http://auctions.yahoo.com